Hip Circle Committees
Committees at Hip Circle have two important roles: fundraising to ensure that the Hip Circle community continues to thrive and recruiting to expand the reach and impact of Hip Circle's amazing support. We are actively seeking women to fill these 2 volunteer positions: Social Media Advisor and Press Release/Media Engagement Advisor.
Our two standing committees include:
- Recruiting - This group reaches out to recruit and orient new students, teachers, committee members, board members, and volunteers and develops ongoing opportunities to grow the Hip Circle community. Do you get excited about introducing new opportunities to friends and family and want to share your enthusiasm with the Hip Circle community? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to join our efforts.
- Fundraising - This group jumps in to create and adapt the development and implementation of all fundraising efforts, including identifying and soliciting funds from external sources of support and creating special events to fundraise for the amazing work happening at Hip Circle. Are you excited to enhance the fundraising efforts of Hip Circle with your talents and passion for empowering women? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to express your interest.
What are the expectations of serving on a Hip Circle Committee?
Any individual can serve on a committee! We meet monthly to take on the challenges of funding and recruiting for Hip Circle and turn them into a reality! As committee members, we create opportunities! Through our collective efforts, we make critical contributions to the work of Hip Circle, finding sources of funding and resources that positively impact and improve the Hip Circle mission. As a committee member, we:
- Attend one class a month (Here is our schedule!)
- Donate 5 hours a month of your time (one hour for a monthly committee meetings, and four hours participating actively in the committee's work, including substantive participation in committee meetings and discussions)
- Stay informed about committee matters, prepare for monthly meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments, and complete them thoroughly and on time
- Get to know each other and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to, and enhances Hip Circle!