Pay Rate: $13-$15 per hour; 15-20 hours per week
Established non-profit dance, fitness, and community center in Evanston seeking a friendly, service-oriented, and mission-aligned part-time Center Admin to join our team.
The Hip Circle Center Admin performs various types of administrative functions, including serving as the first point of contact between Hip Circle and its clients, donors, vendors, and visitors.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Staffing the reception area, including welcoming customers and guests
- Maintaining Hip Circle correspondence, including phone calls, emails, letters, and packages
- Working with the Executive Director, Accountant, and Board Treasurer to handle bookkeeping, budgeting, and billing cycles for Hip Circle
- Providing feedback to improve internal performance
- Performing data entry roles, including updating records and databases for personnel, financial and legal information
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies, including stationery and multimedia equipment to ensure smooth office operations
- Additional projects as determined by interest, experience, and skill
- Attends at least one Hip Circle class per week
- Communicates enthusiasm about health and wellness to students, donors, colleagues, and partners
Skills and Qualifications
- An understanding and connection to our anti-racist, anti-diet culture, and pro empowerment philosophy
- Exceptional organizational, and time management skills
- Strong ability to work independently and with a team
- Customer service experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Proficiency in filing and document management, including the ability to manage business correspondence and the ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to research, and an aptitude for helping other people
- Basic knowledge of accounting procedures such as bookkeeping and other general financial procedures
- Basic knowledge of computer programs used in daily office administration functions such as word processors, spreadsheets, and specialized office management tools
- Personal commitment to self-care, health, and wellness
The time commitment is 15-20 hours per week. A schedule will be set that is mutually beneficial, and supports our current in-person class schedule. Some hours can be completed from home, and enough flexibility to cover additional in-center shifts is expected.
- Morning, Evening, and Sunday shifts available
- Approximately 10 hours per week will be scheduled as in-person work hours
- Consistent In-person schedule set seasonally
The pay range for this position is $13-$15 per hour plus unlimited Hip Circle classes
Hip Circle takes Covid19 protocols seriously. All employees, volunteers, and students in the space are required to be masked and symptom free. Our current staff is 100% vaccinated and we provide a clean space, hand sanitizer, and we limit class size to maintain social distancing.
Interested? Please send your resume and your answers to the following questions to us at email@example.com:
- Why are you drawn to apply to work at Hip Circle Empowerment Center? What is your connection to our mission, vision, and values?
- What, beyond the qualifications listed above, will you bring to the role?
- What hours are you available to work in-person?